Youth Engagement Project
Below is the Impact Report for the PCC funded Youth Engagement project from July 2016 - March 2018.
Download the full report below:
- PCC Impact Report (PDF, 6.1 Mb)
We receive Police & Crime Commissioner funding to support YSS's Accessing Resources in the Community (ARC) and Divert projects. The project aims to support and motivate young adults to achieve community integration and reduce anti-social behaviour/offending through engagement in diversionary activities.
We work closely alongside YSS and other organisations within the sector, including CRC, West Mercia Police, and Herefordshire & Worcestershire Fire and Rescue Service, to support the integration of those at risk of offending, into the community through engagement in sport and physical activity. Agencies are able to refer young people into the programme if they show motivation and interest to sport.
The project aims to provide opportunities for young people, aged 13-24, to experience the physical and mental benefits that sport and physical activity has to offer. The project will also support these young people to develop social and employability skills; improve their confidence and self-esteem; help them to reduce anti-social behaviour and prevent offending. Working with existing agencies, coaches and clubs we will provide targeted projects and opportunities to engage young people in a wide range of sport and physical activity across the two counties, as well as providing volunteering opportunities and sports based qualifications.
This is a referral based programme; if you are an organisation who works with young people who would benefit from this service, then please download the referral form below.
- SPHW Youth Engagement Referral Form (MS Word, 1 Mb)
Youth Engagement Officer
Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Youth Engagement Officer - PCC Project
- Hines Building, Room HB1009, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542033 / 07786028926
Project Manager (Children & Young People's Programmes)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Active Lives
- Satellite Clubs
- School Games
- Police & Crime Commissioner - Youth Engagement Project
- Member of the Safeguarding Steering Group
- Physical Activity and Mental Health/Wellbeing
- Deputy Safeguarding Officer
- HB1009, Hines Building, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542382
- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com