Celebrating school sport and physical activity in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
We want to recognise the excellent work that schools are doing using their Primary PE and Sport Premium funding through a set of new awards which are linked to national partners.
The awards have returned for 2018 to recognise schools that have endeavoured to provide improved outcomes for pupils using the Primary PE and Sport Premium grant.
All schools in Herefordshire and Worcestershire who are in receipt of the government grant are able to nominate themselves/be nominated for one of three awards:
– Physical activity and health enhancing initiatives
– Whole school improvement
– Upskilling staff
Round 1- County awards: Applications will be judged at a county level. Winners will receive county level recognition and will be entered into the West Midlands regional awards. Deadline for applications to be returned is Friday 20th April 2018.
Round 2- Regional awards Winners of the Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire county awards will be entered into the regional competition with winners from the other five West Midlands County Sports Partnerships (Active Black Country / Sport across Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent (SASSOT) / Sport Birmingham / Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire Sport (CSW Sport) / Energize Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin).
These awards are a celebration of good practice in utilising the PE Premium; schools will receive recognition at a local and regional level.
Guidance for the nomination submission
Who can nominate: Any school receiving the Primary PE and School Sport premium is eligible to nominate or be nominated for an award;
• The school (teacher, support staff, governor etc.)
• A parent / extended family member
• A partner of the school (local authority, academy sponsor, school games organiser, coaching organisation etc.)
• All nominations must be received by Friday 27th April 2018
• West Midlands regional winners will be shortlisted on 23rd May 2018
Before applying, ensure that your submission:
- Is innovative - How has the school delivered something additional which is ground breaking and original which other schools can learn from?
- Is sustainable - How has the school ensured that the impact of an additional intervention can be maintained after the grant is no longer provided?
- Impacts on pupils – this is crucial if your submission is to be successful. How has the school ensured and measured (evidence will be required) that pupils benefit from the intervention?
Applications should include innovative interventions, projects or other activities which have improved outcomes for pupils. Your example should have developed or added to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers and make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. Impact should be clearly measured and applications should include qualitative and/or quantitative evidence including quotes from teachers, pupils and, where possible, parents.
Physical activity and health enhancing initiatives
For schools which can demonstrate the impact of the grant on their pupils' engagement in physical activity or health improvement activities. This could include:
Whole school improvement
For schools which can demonstrate the impact of their funding on pupils in and through PE, including other curriculum subjects and priority school development areas. This could include:
For schools which can demonstrate the impact of the grant on pupils when increasing confidence, competence or qualifications of school staff including teachers, teaching assistants, lunch time supervisors, governors or parents. This could include:
To nominate a school please complete an application form which is accessible below. Deadline for entries is Friday 20th April 2018. Applications should be returned to Beky Williams - email@example.com
If you would like any further information please use the contact details below.
- Nomination Form (MS Word, 122 Kb)
Head of Participation
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Oversee strategic delivery
- Management of operations team (CYP, Adults, Workforce)
- Relationship management, including NGBs
- Lead Safeguarding Officer
- Primary PE and Sport Premium Lead
- West Midlands representative for CSPN CYP group
- HB1009, Hines Building, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542034