This Girl Can in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
Worcs Girls Can and Here Girls Can are localised versions of the national 'This Girl Can' campaign and are designed to get women and girls moving, regardless of shape, size or ability. In March 2019, the Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire, in collaboration with 11 lead schools across the two counties, a range of supporting schools, and sport and leisure providers, engaged over 7,500 women and girls in the campaign. As part of the campaign, we case studied an excellent example of the changes that can be made to girls' PE to help increase participation. View the case study and 2018 impact here.
Here Girls Can and Worcs Girls Can 2019
Girls' PE is making the headlines. National research highlights the continued disparity between girls and boys when it comes to PE and sport and how this may affect girls' careers, mental health and physical wellbeing:
Within our 2019 campaign, we wanted to address mental health and the perception of sport and physical activity among females through the delivery of an energetic, vibrant and engaging campaign.
Our campaign aims were as follows:
- Gain an understanding of females' motivations and barriers for physical activity participation
- Change the perception of sport and physical activity among females and schools in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Increase awareness of the national 'This Girl Can' campaign messaging
- Facilitate the discovery and improve the accessibility of physical activity opportunities across Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Promote positive mental health through association with physical activity
- Enable and promote positive experiences of sport and physical activity
Following the success of our 2019 Worcs Girls Can and Here Girls Can campaigns, the Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is offering local businesses the opportunity to be part of this event. Your support will help increase sporting opportunities for women and girls throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
In addition, your involvement in Worcs Girls Can and Here Girls Can will also help your business to:
- Showcase your product/service
- Increase brand visibility and awareness
- Encourage young people to be healthier and active
- Highlight and align your company's values
- Demonstrate social responsibility through a community focused approach
For more information, please download the Business Offer below, or contact Sarah Mackay.
- This Girl Can Business Offer (PDF, 3.8 Mb)
Project Officer (Marketing & Communications)
- Marketing & PR
- Website development
- Social Media Management
- Campaign Support
- 01905 542073 / 07766 603982