Final Sportivate funding announced!
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is one of 24 CSPs to be awarded Sportivate funding in the final year of the programme. This will be the last opportunity to apply for this funding stream. We are inviting applications from a range of organisations to target inactive young people. Whilst we continue to encourage our traditional providers to apply for funding, we would also like to receive applications from non-sport organisations who would like the opportunity to deliver sport and physical activity to young people.
Sportivate projects should be innovative and driven by demand, meeting the following criteria:
- For inactive young people aged 11-25 (inactive is defined as completing a maximum of 3 days activity out of 28 – PE lessons do not count in this). All participants who take part in the sessions must be inactive.
- Run for 6-8 weeks with incentives so young people complete 5/6 or 7/8; 100% of participants must complete the project.
- Have a sustainable exit route so young people can maintain their participation
- Based in Herefordshire or Worcestershire
- Take place outside of curriculum time
Please refer to further conditions below.
If you have an idea for a Sportivate project please contact Sam Payne on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion and copy of this year's simplified application form! Projects can run at any point between April-December 2017.
Sportivate provides 6 to 8 weeks of sport or physical activity sessions, which are designed to be exciting and sustainable opportunities that provide an exit route at the end to ensure sustained participation. Participants should be inactive (currently taking part in no more than 3 sessions of activity a month)
Target Groups include:
- Women and girls
- Young people aged 19-25
- Young people not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- Low socioeconomic groups
Funding can be used for:
- Equipment costs
- Marketing & promotion
- Venue hire
- Training – i.e. Level 1 Coaching, Young Leaders courses
Who can apply? (not limited to)
- Sports clubs/NGBs
- Leisure providers
- Community organisations
- Workplaces that have a high proportion of young peoples
- Youth clubs
- Secondary schools/colleges/universities (must be extra-curricular)
- Health services
Sport England has produced a Youth Insight document that partners should consider when shaping applications and provision. Please find below.
If you would like to discuss your project or application, contact Beky Williams.
Please find the application form below.
Project Assistant (CYP)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Sportivate Lead
- School Games Operations
- Active Lives Survey (CYP) Lead
- Hines Building, Room HB1009, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ