You will no doubt be aware of the number of health benefits that exercise has on individuals; from weight control, to reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. More than anything, you'll know just how incredibly fun netball is!
Workplace netball provides a chance to let your hair down, get to know colleagues a bit better and have a laugh! It's a team sport that lets you test out different skills, and support each other as colleagues and friends.
England Netball have produced a guide to take you through the various opportunities you have to play netball as a workplace. This could include joining a local club, entering a tournament or workplace challenge event, or working with England Netball to set up some Back to Netball sessions for you and your colleagues.
After reading the guide, if you are still not convinced that netball is for you… remember the following…
- Exercising can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and help improve mental health and mood
- Active workplaces suffer from fewer sick days and workplace injuries
- The more active the workplace, the happier and more productive the workforce are!
- Team sports offer great networking opportunities within organisations
- Netball is a fantastically social, team sport
- You typically burn 450 calories per session
- It's a whole body workout, and brilliant for increasing muscle tone
- It's low cost
- It's fun, and…
- … We are here to help you!
More Information: https://www.englandnetball.co.uk/workplace