Primary PE & School Sport
The Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire are committed to supporting schools to inspire the next generation and increase participation in high quality PE, sport and physical activity.
The Primary PE and Sport Premium (PPSP) is ring fenced money to primary schools in order to improve the quality of primary PE; this funding has been committed by the Government until 2020. A significant focus of the premium is how it can be used to provide sustained development of sport, physical activity and PE within schools.
As the Active Partnership (AP) for Herefordshire and Worcestershire, we receive funding from Sport England to support all of our local, eligible schools to spend their PPSP funding effectively. Together with SGOs, local and national organisations we have established strategies, offers and support networks for all schools who receive PPSP.
Each district in Worcestershire and Herefordshire as a unitary authority have an allocated expert for schools to contact. These are some of the areas in which we are able to support through employed expertise:
- Recommend and assist with applications to other funding streams
- Help to develop and implement improvement plans
- Upskill teaching staff, providing guidance and CPD opportunities to teachers and PE Co-ordinators (go to CPD for current courses)
- Demonstrating evidence and impact
- Access to networks and partnerships
- Advise on how to make informed decisions when spending the PPSP
Contacts for each area can be found at the bottom of the page. Documents with further information and advice can be accessed using the resources link.
New guidance for 2019/20
- Alteration in the wording of the Chief Medical Officers recommended activity levels for children and young people to "an average of 60 minutes per day across the week"
- Additional information highlighting the new Ofsted Inspection Framework for 2019/20 and its recognition of schools work to support the personal development of pupils, including "opportunities they have to learn about eating healthily and maintaining an active lifestyle".
- A revised "Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium website reporting tool" now includes the requirement for three signatories when submitting. This should now be signed by the schools Headteacher, subject leader and governor
- The website reporting tool also now includes additional sections for highlighting Intent, Implementation and Impact under each of the 5 Key Indicators to be reported on.
More detailed information can be found here.
PPSP support for Herefordshire
- 01432 376086
PPSP support for Bromsgrove and Redditch
- 07838 736 266
PPSP support for Wyre Forest, and Worcester City and Droitwich
- 01299 873611
PPSP support for Wychavon and Malvern Hills
- 01242 711327
Project Manager (Children & Young People)
- Children & Young People programmes
- Strategic Lead for Youth Engagement Project
- Strategic Lead for This Girl Can programme
- Primary PE and Sport Premium
- Active Lives
- School Games
- 01905 542033