Primary PE & School Sport
The Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire are committed to supporting schools to inspire the next generation and increase participation in high quality PE, sport and physical activity.
The Primary PE and Sport Premium (PPSP) is ring fenced money to primary schools in order to improve the quality of primary PE; this funding has been committed by the Government until 2020. A significant focus of the premium is how it can be used to provide sustained development of sport, physical activity and PE within schools.
As the County Sports Partnership (CSP) for Herefordshire and Worcestershire, we receive funding from Sport England to support all of our local, eligible schools to spend their PPSP funding effectively. Together with SGOs, local and national organisations we have established strategies, offers and support networks for all schools who receive PPSP.
Each year we organise and deliver two Headteacher PE briefings; to find out more information please use the Headteachers' PE Briefing link below.
Each district in Worcestershire and Herefordshire as a unitary authority have an allocated expert for schools to contact. These are some of the areas in which we are able to support through employed expertise:
- Recommend and assist with applications to other funding streams
- Help to develop and implement improvement plans
- Upskill teaching staff, providing guidance and CPD opportunities to teachers and PE Co-ordinators (go to CPD for current courses)
- Demonstrating evidence and impact
- Access to networks and partnerships
- Advise on how to make informed decisions when spending the PPSP
Contacts for each area can be found at the bottom of the page. Documents with further information and advice can be accessed using the resources link.
New guidance for 2018/19
- Addition of the term 'physical activity' throughout the guidance: "Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport you offer."
- Alteration to wording of swimming statement in 'what you can use your funding to…': "raise attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2"
- New paragraph explaining Active Miles - schools should make use of existing facilities for this (PE Premium should not be used for capital)
- Expanded information around swimming, including link to Swim England website for training and resources
- The deadline for publishing information on school websites has changed. This is now expected to be completed by the end of the academic year and must now include the impact the school has seen on pupils' physical activity
- Change of date for online reporting; now 31st July 2019 - More detailed explanation about swimming reporting: "Attainment data for year 6 pupils should be provided from their most recent swimming lessons. This may be data from years 3, 4, 5 or 6, depending on the swimming programme at your school."
More detailed information can be found here.
Project Manager (Children & Young People)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire
- Active Lives
- Satellite Clubs
- School Games
- Police & Crime Commissioner
- Youth Engagement Project
- Member of the Safeguarding Steering Group
- Physical Activity and Mental Health/Wellbeing
- Hines Building, Room HB1009, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542033 / 07786028926
PPSP support for Herefordshire
- 01432 376086
PPSP support for Bromsgrove and Redditch
- 07838 736 266
PPSP support for Wyre Forest, and Worcester City and Droitwich
- 01299 873611
PPSP support for Wychavon and Malvern Hills
- 01242 711327