Our Community Can
Be Active and Creative
Our Community Can aims to support people across Herefordshire and Worcestershire, particularly those living in rural communities, to be active and creative. We want to help communities to use active and creative opportunities that bring people together and help reduce social isolation and loneliness.
Through Our Community Can we want whole communities to be heard regarding their ideas and aspirations, for activities on their doorstep. We want local communities to feel empowered to provide flexible and positive opportunities for local people that lead to people more regularly being active or taking on voluntary roles.
Each community will have their own individual needs so there won't be a one size fits all model but we want to offer opportunities to:
- Understand community needs and motivations
- Network with other people and organisations
- Deliver taster events and/or sessions
- Train volunteers and leaders
- Access funding opportunities
- Develop new and sustainable local active and creative opportunities
The Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire are the lead for this programme in Worcestershire, with Ignite cic being the lead for Herefordshire.
We would like to hear from anyone or any organisation that would like to support Our Community Can. If you are interested in getting involved with this project, please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
Project Officer (Our Community Can)
- HB1009, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542032