Lucy Walton Confirmed As Sporting Champion
Posted: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 14:22
With only one week to go, we are delighted to announce Lucy Walton as our Sporting Champion for the Worcestershire School Games 2018.
Lucy Walton is 18 years old and represents England in both golf and hockey.
She began playing golf aged 8 and at age 12 won the Worcestershire and Herefordshire ladies County championship, being the youngest ever winner in the country. Her recent golfing achievements include:
- 6th at U21 Faldo World Golf Grand Final
- Represented England schools in International matches Worcestershire and Herefordshire
- Ladies and Girls Golf Champion Worcestershire and Herefordshire
- County Junior Captain for 2016/2017 season
Lucy represented England Blue U17 hockey squad in August 2016 playing against the other home Nations. Her recent hockey achievements include:
- Represented England Blue at the Home Nations tournament
- Represented Mercia at England Hockey's Futures Cup National league women's hockey
Her advice to young athletes 'Take every opportunity that is offered to you and enjoy what you do. There will be disappointments along the way but it is how you bounce back which is more important'.
Winner of the Aspiring Talent Award at the 2017 Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire Sports Awards, we can't wait to meet her again!