Birmingham School Games - Event Management
We are inviting tenders from suitably experienced organisations to provide the event management function of the Birmingham School Games across the 2019/20 academic year. The Birmingham School Games is our flagship school sport programme that offers sporting opportunities to a large number of school children each year. In 2018/19, 4,804 young people participated at the Birmingham School Games Finals. This programme complements our other work with schools including promotion of The Daily Mile, support for primary schools and the roll-out of the Active Lives CYP survey.
- Sport Birmingham
- Placed On
- Tue 20th August, 2019
- 12:00pm - Fri 13th September, 2019
About Birmingham School Games - Event Management
We would expect the successful applicant to provide all elements of the on-day event management for the standalone events, including:
- set-up/pack-down of venue
- branding of venue
- registration of all participants, teams, volunteers
- overall timekeeping and logistics of the day
- welfare management and oversight
- collection/distribution of lunches
- organisation of medal ceremonies
For the multi-sport festivals, we would expect the successful applicant, in addition to the above, to:
- organise and lead the Opening Ceremony
- organise the Activity Zone
- procure additional equipment, e.g. portable toilets, radios, PA system, gazebos, etc.
- organise the sport boxes (medals, t-shirts, registration forms)
- develop accessibility plans, Welfare Plan, car parking plan, etc.
- deliver a pre-event briefing for all staff
As a rough outline for staffing requirements on event days, we would suggest that 2 staff are required for the standalone events, 4/5 for the Winter multi-sport festival and 7/8 for the main summer festivals.
Please see attached document for further details and for further application.
Send all completed applications to: James.email@example.com by Friday 13th September 2019.
event-management-tender.docx (MS Word, 3.2 Mb)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.