British Cycling - The Places to Ride Programme
Summary: The Places to Ride programme will fund the development of new or the improvement of existing cycling facilities in communities across England.
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- 1:00am - Fri 31st December, 2021
About British Cycling - The Places to Ride Programme
The programme has been made possible through a new £15million commitment from Government and will be delivered over the next three years through a partnership of British Cycling, Sport England and the Department for Culture Media and Sport (DCMS).
What we want to achieve:
- Encourage more people from a range of different backgrounds regardless of gender, age, ability or ethnicity to engage with cycling in all its forms. We want to provide more opportunities for people to enjoy riding in an accessible and inclusive environment; focusing especially on provision that responds to the needs of women and girls and people with a disability.
- Invest in opportunities that connect local communities and address barriers to engaging with cycling. Recognise the wider benefits of riding a bike to enable societal benefits such as community cohesion, reducing social isolation and promoting health and well-being through prevention.
- Ensure we deliver a lasting legacy of active environments that provide high quality and affordable opportunities to engage with cycling now, that will continue to be deliverable in the future.
Who do we want to work with: Any organisation that is developing cycling activity in their community.
Award types: small-medium scale facility improvements or equipment through to large-scale new build facilities across all types of cycling.
Timeframe: Applications can be submitted at any time and decisions will be made every 12 weeks.
Opening Date: 29 November 2018
Closing Date: 15 January 2021 (closes to new applications)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.