Vice chair since 2014 Frances has also been involved in the transition of the Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire from a local authority hosted partnership to a company limited by guarantee
Frances is the Director of Public Health for Worcestershire
Current areas of responsibility
• Protecting and improving the health and well-being of Worcestershire residents
• Supporting cross system delivery of Health and Well-being Strategy, with three priorities: improving mental health and well-being; reducing harm from alcohol; and increasing physical activity
• Community safety and emergency response
• Ensuring public decision-making based on the best possible evidence
• Commissioning a set of high quality public health services such as sexual health, drug and alcohol services, school nursing, health visiting, NHS health checks etc.
Previous career background
Public health roles within Herefordshire and Worcestershire NHS and local authorities since 2004, previously working at regional level in the West Midlands and the North East. Began career in University research.
Developing a successful professional career in public health after spending 10 years at home with children.
Areas of expertise
• Health improvement
• Health intelligence
• Health inequalities
Personal interests and hobbies - Reading, yoga, family, walking.
Greatest sporting moment – this might be a personal achievement or a memorable sporting highlight As a student (a very long time ago!) running a 5k City run with a blind friend.