Women and Girls
According to Sport England only 31.6% of women play sport at least once a week compared to 41.7% of men. Nationally, 13 million women and girls said they wanted to play more sport, of whom, nearly half are currently inactive.
Go Where Women Are
'Go Where Women Are' is about engaging women in sport and exercise on their terms and in their space whether physically or emotionally. The insight pack explores our current understanding of women, their relevant motivations, barriers and triggers to getting more active, and what this means for sports and exercise activities and initiatives.
- Go Where Women Are (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
Worcs Girls Can
Based on the national 'This Girl Can' campaign, Worcs Girls Can 2017 and 2018 aimed to change female's perception of sport and physical activity, in turn tackling some of the barriers that women face.
Here Girls Can
Based on the national 'This Girl Can' campaign, Here Girls Can 2018 aimed to change female's perception of sport and physical activity, in turn tackling some of the barriers that women face.
- Here Girls Can 2018 - Insight (PDF, 118 Kb)
- Coaching Women Myth Buster (PDF, 678 Kb)
- Helping The Girls Beieve They Can (PDF, 2 Mb)
- Socially Inclusive Coaching (PDF, 639 Kb)
- Female Psychology And Considerations (PDF, 663 Kb)
- Physiology And Considerations For Female Athletes (PDF, 595 Kb)
- Street Games How To Understand The Impact Of Girls Friendships (PDF, 1.7 Mb)
- WiS Factsheet 1 (PDF, 975 Kb)
- WiS Factsheet 2 (PDF, 823 Kb)
- WiS Factsheet 3 (PDF, 785 Kb)