Women and Girls
According to Sport England only 31.6% of women play sport at least once a week compared to 41.7% of men. Nationally, 13 million women and girls said they wanted to play more sport, of whom, nearly half are currently inactive.
Go Where Women Are
'Go Where Women Are' is about engaging women in sport and exercise on their terms and in their space whether physically or emotionally. The insight pack explores our current understanding of women, their relevant motivations, barriers and triggers to getting more active, and what this means for sports and exercise activities and initiatives.
- Go Where Women Are (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
This Girl Can in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
In March 2018, the Sports Partnership Herefordshire & Worcestershire (SPHW), in collaboration with eight lead schools across both counties, a range of supporting schools, and sport and leisure providers, engaged over 3,200 women and girls in the campaign. We aimed to change female's perception of sport and physical activity, in turn tackling some of the barriers that women face.
- Puberty & Sport: An Invisible Stage (PDF, 15.9 Mb)
- Coaching Women Myth Buster (PDF, 678 Kb)
- Helping The Girls Beieve They Can (PDF, 2 Mb)
- Socially Inclusive Coaching (PDF, 639 Kb)
- Street Games How To Understand The Impact Of Girls Friendships (PDF, 1.7 Mb)
- WiS Factsheet 1 (PDF, 975 Kb)
- WiS Factsheet 2 (PDF, 823 Kb)
- WiS Factsheet 3 (PDF, 785 Kb)