Free training: PE and Sport Premium Workshop for Primary School Governors
- Midlands Art Centre
- Tue, 26 Feb 2019 (18:30 - 20:30)
Aimed at: All primary school governors
Background: The Department for Education (DfE) is spending over £340 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools during this academic year. It is likely that this funding will be extended until 2020. This extra funding is allocated directly to primary head teachers. Governors in primary schools need to be aware of the PE and Sport Premium because, as with the pupil premium, you need to report on the school's website how much you have received, what you are spending it on, and what impact the school has seen on pupils' PE and sport participation and attainment as a result.
- Evaluating how effectively your school is using the PE & Sport Funding to impact on pupil's learning and achievement.
- Meeting the conditions of funding and Ofsted requirements
- Ensuring that external providers, where deployed, are safe and effective.
- Ensuring that programmes and projects are embedded within the school and become sustainable.
The training /workshops will include a mixture of presentation and activities designed to support governors in carrying out their monitoring role effectively and in maximising the impact of PE and School Sport Premium on pupil's learning and achievement.
Wednesday 28th November 2018
Tuesday 26th February 2019
Wednesday 15th May 2019
MAC Birmingham, B12 9QH
6.30pm - 8.30pm
How to Book
Select your date at the top right of this page and choose your ticket below.
This link takes you from the Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.