Learning Disability and Sport Workshop
- Hereford Sixth Form College
- Contact Name
- Chris Corke
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 01905 855498
- Thu, 05 Jul 2018 (18:00 - 21:00)
- Education and Training
What the workshop covers
- What a learning disability is.
- The issues and barriers people with a learning disability face when accessing sport
- Different ways of communicating with people with a learning disability.
- Different ways of including people with a learning disability in sport.
- How to promote sport to people with a learning disability.
- Different pathways and opportunities available in learning disability sport.
- The workshop does cover engaging with children and young people specifically
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about learning disability and sport; whether that is professional sports staff, coaches, volunteers, students or leisure centre staff.
All course fees paid will contribute towards the development of the newly established Special Olympics Herefordshire network.
Attendees must be aged 16+