Level 1 Award in Coaching Bowls
- Sun, 17 Jun 2018 (09:00 - 17:00)
- Award, Bowls, Coachbowls, Coaching, Indoorbowls, Level1, Qualification
Dates and Times:
Day 1: Sunday 17th June 2018 - 9am-5pm
Day 2: Sunday 29th July 2018 - 9am-5pm
Attendance on all days are required to achieve the qualification.
Please note you are also required to complete tasks both practical and written away from the course.
*BDA membership is included within the course fee and you will complete the necessary documents to become a member on course. However you do need to take passport size photo with you on Day 1 of the course for your membership card.
The course takes 2 days to complete including completion of a portfolio and an assessment. You will be required to complete tasks away from the course.
This qualification will enable you to work with beginner Bowlers as assistant to a higher qualified coach and / or if you are over 18 years of age, you can independently deliver the 4 'Play Bowls for Fun' Sessions as provided by the Bowls Development Alliance.
All pre-course information will be sent to you via email about a week before the course starts.
The topics covered on the course are:
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the Level 1 Bowls Coaching Assistant and the role of a Participation Programme Facilitator
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable adults
- Health, Safety, Accidents and emergencies
- Effective Communication. Coaching and Learning
- Planning and Evaluation Bowls Coaching sessions
- Coaching a Beginner
- Warm ups
- Working with the Jack
- Working with the bowl
- Introducing Basic shots
- Cool downs
- Be able to communicate effectively in English ( this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Must be at least 15 years of age, 16 on certification
- Please be aware that we need to achieve a minimum requirement of learners to be able to confirm the course is going ahead.
- We aim to communicate a cancellation with learners 7-14 days in advance of the course date.
Terms and Conditions
- If you cancel within 7 days or fail to attend the course without good reason (at the sole discretion of Bowls Development Alliance) the full fee will apply.
- If you cancel within 14 days of the qualification then 50% of cost will be returned to you.
- Once payment and the application form is returned, confirmation of course details will be sent 7 days prior to the course.
- If Bowls Development Alliance cancels the course, you will automatically receive a full refund.
- We advise that accommodation / train tickets should not be booked until a course confirmation letter is received or a Bowls Development Alliance member of staff confirms that the course is definitely going ahead. Any expenses incurred will not be reimbursed by BDA.
- In the event of a tutor not being able to tutor a course at short notice due to an emergency, we will contact you to inform you and re-organise the course.
- Should you wish to transfer onto an alternative course within 7 days of the course start date, a £20 administration fee will apply
- The information provided by the applicant will be stored on the Bowls Development Alliance database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This link takes you from the Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire website to another domain. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.