Equality & Inclusivity
- Engaging Disabled People: The Research (PDF, 8.9 Mb)
Sport England seeks to open-up sport and exercise to all and increase the number of people being active regularly, with disabled people being a key target audience.
- EFDS Inclusive comms guide accessible PDF APRIL 2014 FINAL(1) original (PDF, 9.8 Mb)
A guide to inclusive communications, supporting providers to reach a wider audience, including more disabled people.
- Including Everyone in your Sessions (PDF, 857 Kb)
To help give an understanding of inclusive practice and giving guidance on how to include everyone in coaching sessions.
- 91092 Coaching Disabled People Info Sheet (PDF, 1.2 Mb)
An insight into how your coaching impacts upon disabled people and the best ways to get them actively involved in a fun, friendly and safe environment.
- Disability Top Tips Factsheet (PDF, 384 Kb)
Some simple reminders in relation to disability awareness that will help you think more inclusively when developing delivery plans for your organisation.
- LSE Guidance Form (MS Word, 108 Kb)
This guidance form is derived from learning presented in the “Spotlight on…Learning to Engage Low Socio-economic Groups” .
It is intended for organisations designing coaching programmes that aim to engage low-socio economic groups in sport and physical activity.
- Coaching awareness top tips streetgames (PDF, 388 Kb)
Making coaches aware of people from deprived communities that can often be marginalised, and are not given the same opportunities as everyone else to access positive experiences in sport delivered by high quality, trained coaches.
- Street Games Briefing Paper Retaining Participants in Sport Within Areas of High Deprivation (PDF, 718 Kb)
This resource is about how to retain participants and continue to keep them engaged in sport in areas of high deprivation.
- 38736 Sporting Equals Culturally Excluded A4 18pp V5 (PDF, 7 Mb)
Giving sports providers ways to engage with BME communities that often face disadvantages and social exclusion due to several factors.