- Genders catered for
- Inclusive of members with
- Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment, Learning Disability, Mental Health, Physical Impairment, Multiple
About Active Youth Outreach Services C.I.C
We specialise in helping young people and adults aged between five and 24 who face multiple disadvantages alongside our partner organisations which include community policing teams, schools and youth agencies.
Our five key objectives are;
· Deliver positive activities to children and young people
· Work in partnership with local organisations to offer a safe place for children and young people, where they can develop skills and confidence.
· Provide information, support and positive engagement for children and young people
· Provide a mobile resource with a variety of fun and developmental activities
· Coordinate, run and support wider community events promoting community engagement and cohesion
The service we provide is centred around our mobile youth trailer which allows us to travel to the heart of local communities and respond to local need, identified by ourselves or our partners.
Our work covers 3 main areas:
1. Anti-social Intervention – We provide a safe place for young people to go, positive, diversionary activities, and informal education around appropriate behaviour and aims and aspirations. Sample projects include targeted youth outreach in Martley, Half term outreach in Bromsgrove and summer youth outreach projects in conjunction with Safer Wyre Forest and the DY10 Big Local partnership across Kidderminster and Stourport
2. Community Engagement – Our fun activities for young people encourage engagement at community events as well as our youth outreach workers providing information, advice and signposting. Sample projects include Gypsy Roma Traveller events and Summer Safety events for West Mercia Police, Summer fun days for Action for Children and Community days for Fortis Living.
3. Alternative Education for schools – We also utilise our trailer as a mobile classroom to deliver educational programmes, samples include healthy relationship courses, self-esteem start-ups, curriculum enrichment and positive behaviour courses for young people who are at risk of being excluded from mainstream education.
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.