Active Community Heroes 19/20
The Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire (SPHW) want to celebrate and raise the profile of the great things that people and organisations do, to help people get and stay active locally. Over the next 12 months we will celebrate nominations from the following four 'Active Community Hero' categories:
- Inspiring Volunteer
- Inspiring Leader
- Welcoming Club
- Community Impact Project
We want you to shout about and share what you yourself, a group or individual you know, do really well to get people active. We welcome nominations from all parts of the community and would particularly like to hear from individuals and projects that have engaged the following groups: females, disabled people/long term health conditions, older people and young people at risk of offending.
Community Impact Project - Nominations are open!
Community Impact Project
We want to recognise and showcase an impactful local community project that has enabled and supported inactive people to get active. Particularly we'd like to hear about projects that have engaged any of the following groups: females, disabled people/long term health conditions, older people and young people at risk of offending.
- The project has been informed by a strong rationale and has been evidence base
- The project has contributed to one or more of the following areas for participants and/or the community: physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing, individual development, social and community development or economic development
- The project started within the last 12 months and is a new activity or an existing project that has been expanded
- The participants needs and motivations have been put at the centre of the project design and delivery
- The project has been sustained or has sustainability plans in place
- The project involved people with the rights skills, qualities and behaviours to deliver it effectively, including project leads and frontline deliverers
- The project has delivered a positive experience of sport or physical activity for participants
Make your nomination now by clicking here
Nominations for this category will close on Thursday 31st October at 23:59.
How will we celebrate successful nominees?
- Successful nominees for each category will receive a session visit from SPHW, a recognition award and £50 equipment/kit voucher
- A case study video will be produced to share your story
Information for all nominees
- Please refer to the category criteria when completing the nomination form, limiting your answers to the word limits as indicated
- Those making nominations may be contacted by SPHW to obtain further information about the individual or group
- All nominees should be delivering or taking place within in Herefordshire and/or Worcestershire.
- Please only make one nomination per person, per category
- The Active Community Heroes Panel will assess all nominations, shortlist and select one per category to showcase
- Highlighted projects and individuals may be nominated to regional and national awards as appropriate
- Self-nominations will be accepted
- The minimum age for nominees is 16
- SPHW can only base their decision on the information in the nomination form, so please complete this to the best of your ability
- The decision of SPHW is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- SPHW will use information to promote good practice and share community stories. By completing the nomination form, you are giving permission for the information to be used for publicity purposes
- Chosen nominees will be required to be interviewed and participate in a case study video within their own environment