Satellite Clubs establish links with clubs and schools, colleges and other community settings to create opportunities for children and young people aged 14-19 to participate in regular sport or physical activity.
What is a Satellite Club?
- An extension of a community sports club (hub club).
- Held at a familiar site (such as school, college youth centre or other community setting) to make the transition to the hub club much easier.
What Does a Satellite Club look like?
- 14-19 year olds
- Must focus on inactive participants
- Must focus on the following demographics: Girls, Disability groups and individuals of lower socio-economic circumstance.
- Satellite clubs can be in a range of sport or physical activities, from hockey to yoga.
- Satellite clubs can be funded for up to 30 weeks initially and should become fully sustainable.
- All satellite clubs should be open to the community, not just host site participants.
- Participant income must be redirected back into the club
What can funding be used for?
- Coaching/delivery costs
- Qualifications and training
- Further funding may also be available to help sustain the satellite club following the funding period
What are the benefits?
- Increase club's membership, resulting in greater income through subscriptions
- Attract new groups to community sport
- Improve long-term sustainability of the club
- Raise profile of the club and school/venue, attracting interest from partners and funders
- Provides opportunities to train and recruit volunteers and leaders
- Introduces inactive individuals to a new activity and increases the likelihood of retaining them in activity
If you have an idea for a satellite club please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
Project Officer (Workforce)
Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Development and Deployment
- Volunteering Recruitment and Opportunities
- Coaching Plan Implementation
- Education & Training Programme
- Satellite Club Lead
- Hines Building, Room HB1009, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, WR2 6AJ
- 01905 542229